- Buy 4 pints of ice-cream. Nope, better make it 5.
- Stock the cabinets with cookies-mostly chocolate chip, but throw a pumpkin spice in there because it’s cold and snowy outside, jeez!
- Call at least three people to discuss impending doom.
- Rearrange the cars in the driveway so you can all get stuck anyway.
- Cancel all plans for the next several days. Absolutely nothing can get done. Laundry-no. Dishes-no. Work commitments two weeks from now will probably be iffy. In fact, this is pure survival mode.
- Research how to build an igloo.
- Gather all shovels near the front door so you can dig them out after it snows.
- Ask the neighbor with the snow blower how their family is doing.
- Locate all sci-fi trilogies and romantic comedies on DVD. Watch Sesame Street instead.
….and get yourself an awesome sibling that can make this!